Struggling with stubborn back and underarm fat? You're not alone. Many individuals find it challenging to target these specific areas through traditional methods.
But worry not, because we've got a solution that requires just four simple yet effective workouts.
In this article, we'll walk you through a comprehensive guide to help you remove back and underarm fat.
Say goodbye to those frustrating trouble spots and hello to a more toned and confident you. Let's dive into the workouts that can transform your fitness journey.
Benefits of Targeted Workouts
Before we delve into the workouts, let's understand why targeting back and underarm fat is crucial. Focusing on these areas not only enhances your overall body aesthetics but also contributes to improved posture and self-confidence.
Warm-Up and Cool-Down
Start your workout with a 5-10 minute warm-up, such as light cardio or dynamic stretches. After your workout, take another 5-10 minutes for a cool-down routine that includes static stretches. Warming up and cooling down prevent injuries and enhance flexibility.
Proper Form Tips
Maintaining proper form during exercises is vital for avoiding injuries and maximizing results. Keep your back straight, engage your core, and perform each movement with controlled, deliberate motions.
Pair your workouts with a balanced diet rich in lean protein, healthy fats, and whole grains. Proper nutrition fuels your body for optimal fat loss and muscle development.
Stay hydrated throughout your workout and the day. Water is essential for muscle function and overall well-being.
Consistency is key to seeing results. Aim to complete this workout routine at least 3 times a week and pair it with a healthy lifestyle.
If you're a beginner or looking for variety, consider modifying exercises or trying alternative movements that target similar muscle groups.
Push-Ups with Shoulder Taps
This compound exercise engages the chest, shoulders, and triceps while also targeting the underarm area. Incorporate shoulder taps to enhance core stability and work the underarm muscles.
- Start in a high plank position with hands placed slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Perform a push-up by lowering your body, then push back up to the starting position.
- Lift one hand off the ground and tap the opposite shoulder, keeping your hips stable.
- Return the hand to the ground and repeat the tap with the other hand.
- Continue alternating taps for the desired number of reps.
Using dumbbells or resistance bands, bent-over rows help strengthen the upper back and target the areas around the bra line, reducing back fat.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing your body.
- Bend at the hips while keeping your back straight, forming a slight angle.
- Engage your core and pull the dumbbells toward your hips, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the dumbbells back down with control and repeat for the recommended number of reps.
This gym staple effectively works the lats and upper back muscles. Adjust the resistance and focus on controlled movements to achieve maximum results.
- Sit at the lat pulldown machine and grip the bar wider than shoulder-width.
- Lean back slightly and pull the bar down toward your chest, focusing on engaging your back muscles.
- Slowly release the bar back to the starting position and repeat for the desired reps.
Combine a plank position with alternating dumbbell rows. This engages the entire core, back, and arms, helping to eliminate underarm and back fat.
- Start in a high plank position with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Engage your core and row one dumbbell up to your hip while balancing on the opposite arm.
- Lower the dumbbell back down and alternate sides, maintaining a stable plank position throughout.
Lie face down and lift both arms and legs simultaneously, engaging the lower back muscles. This exercise strengthens the back while contributing to overall toning.
- Lie face down on the floor with arms extended overhead and legs straight.
- Simultaneously lift your arms, chest, and legs off the ground as if you're flying like Superman.
- Hold the position briefly, then lower your limbs back to the floor and repeat.
Using a bench or sturdy surface, perform tricep dips to target the underarm area. Ensure proper form to avoid strain on the shoulders.
- Sit on the edge of a bench or chair and grip the edge with your hands.
- Slide your hips off the bench and lower your body toward the floor by bending your elbows.
- Push back up to the starting position using your triceps, keeping your body close to the bench.
Seated Cable Rows
Another gym favorite, seated cable rows work the mid-back muscles while assisting in reducing back fat and improving posture.
- Sit at the machine, grip handles, and sit up straight.
- Pull handles toward torso, squeeze back muscles.
- Slowly release handles back to start.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Plank with Lateral Arm Raise
Incorporate arm raises while holding a plank position to engage the back, shoulders, and underarms. This exercise enhances both strength and stability.
- Start in forearm plank position.
- Raise right arm to side at shoulder height.
- Lower right arm, then raise left arm.
- Continue alternating for reps.
Use an exercise ball to perform back extensions, strengthening the lower back muscles and aiding in the reduction of back fat.
- Lie face down, hands on head, legs straight.
- Lift chest and legs off ground, engage back.
- Hold briefly, lower down.
- Repeat for recommended reps.
Engage the oblique muscles by performing side planks. This exercise helps tone the waistline and underarm area
- Lie on side, legs straight, elbow under shoulder.
- Lift hips, create straight line from head to feet.
- Hold position, engaging obliques.
- Switch sides, repeat for reps.
Keep a workout journal to record your progress. Note the number of reps, sets, and any improvements you notice over time.
Before starting any new exercise routine, consult a fitness professional or healthcare provider, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.
With dedication and the right approach, you can achieve your goal of eliminating back and underarm fat. Combine these effective workouts with proper nutrition, hydration, and rest for a well-rounded fitness journey that leads to lasting results.