There are circumstances when outdoor running is not possible. Situations like bad weather conditions, poorly-lit streets, no space for running in the neighborhood, or bad road surfaces can prevent you from running outside.
And so, a treadmill, which can be had within your reach at the convenience of your home is most advisable to use.
A treadmill for your in-home workout program is recommended because it is the best alternative to outdoor running. It is ideal for both women and men who have very limited time to run outside. It is also convenient for people who may feel lazy to do their workout at a gym.
A Quick Look at the Best Treadmills Under 1000$
How to Choose A Treadmill
Before purchasing the treadmill that would work for you, consider these important factors.
Motor and Horsepower
Manufacturers have different terms for horsepower (HP). Nevertheless, just look for one that indicates between 1.5 to 2.5 CHP (continuous horsepower) in the treadmill specifications. These motor and horsepower specifications are suitable for medium-weight users and those who use the treadmill mostly for walking.
However, if you or your co-user is heavy or inclined to run on the treadmill, go for the machine with more horsepower, instead. Moreover, take note of the treadmill’s maximum user capacity rating.
Manual or Motorized Treadmill?
Manual machines are a lot cheaper. But then, it has several disadvantages compared with the motorized units. However, you can actually find the best-motorized treadmills under $1000 in the market. And some models are shown below.
Folding or non-Folding Treadmill?
Consider the space in your home. Will a non-folding machine bother your movement around the house? Will you have to fold the machine after using it? Consider your convenience.
Many users just leave their treadmill unfolded even when not in use. Nevertheless, the treadmill industry has done a lot of design improvements. It has come up with state-of-the-art technology that allows ease of folding and movement.
Look for a stable treadmill that fits into your space in either condition. Check the machine’s size when folded or stored. And also, test how easy it is to move.
Will you be watching a video or listening to music as you work out? Either way, choose a treadmill that operates quietly. Usually, a direct current (DC) motor operates quieter.
Maintenance - If you are buying online, ask the website representative from which you are getting your unit for the authorized service center in your area, just in case you need some help in assembly or maintenance.
- Affordability – Just like any other equipment, treadmills are priced differently. So, compare the prices of different dealers to find a fair price. A tip on how to choose the right adjustable dumbbells
- Warranty - Choose a treadmill that offers the longest warranty. Verify if the warranty includes the deck and belt, electronics, and motor. Note that the prices offered online are cheaper than in the specialty fitness store.
- Safety features - Make sure that the handrails are sturdy enough to support you. The belt must be wide and long enough for your stride.
- Special features - Does the machine offers an easy switch of speed and incline? If you so require, you may even look for a model that features a decline that allows you to mimic going downhill. Likewise, opt for a machine that provides preset and program-enabled workouts. Check also for a water bottle holder and a gadget rack. Would you also want your treadmill to have a pulse monitor?
Review of the Best Treadmills under 1000$
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S treadmill is one of the best treadmills under $1000. It is outfitted with a 2.6 continuous horsepower motor that promises to provide constant and uninterrupted power.
With an incline of up to 10%, you can intensify your training to hit specific muscle groups and burn more calories. You can also adjust your speed between 0 to 10 miles per hour on the machine’s durable 20 x 55-inch tread belt.
The T 6.5 S treadmill can accommodate a heavy user of up to 300 pounds. The machine’s console contains 20 workout programs that you can explore and use. It’s also iFit compatible. iFit is a new fitness brand that helps you maximize your workout.
With this module, you are given access to several applications such as Google Maps training routes across the globe, and personalized workouts among many other amenities. You just need to have an iFit wireless module.
Moreover, the machine’s 5-inch backlit display allows you to monitor your workout progress. It keeps track of your time, speed, heart rate, calories burned and distance reached. iFit uses these statistics so it can design the appropriate workouts for you.
You can fold the T 6.5 S in between use. It is equipped with an EasyLift shock to help you in the lifting of this heavy machine.
- The 2.6 CHP motor is fairly enough for a beginner in-home user.
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 25-year warranty on motor, and a one-year warranty on parts and labor.
- The T 6.5 S treadmill is a bit noisy and may annoy you when you want to listen to music as you work out.
- This model does not have a cooling fan and storage compartment where you may want to keep your keys, gadgets, or book.
- The T 6.5 S treadmill is quite heavy. You might find it difficult to constantly fold and unfold the machine.
- Incline and speed. With only up to 10% incline and 10 miles per speed, your workout rate is limited.
If you are a beginner or someone who prefers to go for light to moderate exercises, the Horizon T101-04 is one of the best treadmills you can have. It’s also the ideal machine if you only have limited space at home because it is small.
The unit is easy to set up and can be stored quickly in between workouts. It is also portable if you wish to move it to another place. Powered by a 2.25 continuous horsepower motor, the T101-04 treadmill operates quietly.
It has an incline range of between 0 to 10%, which is just enough for someone who does not need to work out more. And you can also increase your speed up to 10 miles per hour.
With a tread belt of 20 (width) x 55 (length)-inches long, you can already comfortably and safely work on a T101-04 treadmill. It features a 3-zone cushioning system that provides you with perfect support in every stride.
You will not get bored working out on this treadmill. It has a speaker system and a port for an MP3 player from which you can enjoy listening to your favorite music.
Despite its being a budget treadmill, the T101-04 is stable and can accommodate a heavy user of up to 300 pounds. When given proper care and maintenance, this model could last you a long time.
- The 2.25 CHP motor is powerful, providing you a smooth and quiet ride because of its featherlight folding feature.
- This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, two years on parts, and one year on labor.
- The T101-04 can fit into a small space and is easy to set up and put away in between uses.
- This treadmill can carry a heavy user with up to 300 pounds.
- The T101-04 treadmill cannot maintain its quiet operation. It produces a bit of noise after several uses. It’s ideal for walking and jogging only. If you are a runner, you might get disappointed with this model.
- The tread belt is quite short and is not suitable for tall users.
- Some components of this model are made of plastic and have the tendency to break. So, you have to check the product as soon as it is delivered. The breakage may occur during handling and delivery.
The LifeSpan TR 1200i folding treadmill is powered by a 2.5-horsepower continuous-duty motor. It’s a brainchild of some exercise physiologists whose primary objective is to provide you with equipment that helps you boost your health and improve your cardiovascular fitness.
The TR 1200i is specifically designed to withstand constant use for a long period. Hence, you can readily notice how it is packed with state-of-the-art components. Particularly, the TR 1200i unit is outfitted with an all-steel frame that is robotically welded to reinforce the machine’s strength.
Its running surface of 20” (width) x 56” (length) is spacious enough to make your movement comfortable. The tread belt is further enhanced with six independent compression shock absorbers to efficiently protect your knees, joints, and back while you work out.
In addition, the TR 1200i is equipped with EZfold folding technology. Its hydraulic shock feature makes the lifting and lowering of the treadmill easy.
This treadmill model can carry a user with a weight of up to 136 kilograms. The TR 1200i also features 21 easy-to-use exercise programs. With a touch of a button, you can monitor your heart rate, incline level, calories burned, speed, and much more.
You may also enjoy listening to your music while you are a workout. This treadmill is equipped with high-fidelity speakers, an iPod port, and a headphone jack.
- Two-ply 20 x 56-inch tread belt.
- Its 2.5 continuous horsepower motor comes with a lifetime warranty
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Supports a maximum user weight of 136 kilograms.
- The TR 2100i is a large and heavy unit. If it were not for its EZfold technology, you would find it difficult to put away when not in use.
- The USB and lubricant are not included in the package. You need to buy them separately.
- The speakers may sometimes fluctuate.
The ProForm Performance 800i treadmill is driven by a 3.0 continuous horsepower commercial plus motor. With this horsepower, you are assured of consistent and powerful energy all throughout your workout session.
It has a digitally adjustable speed that ranges from 0 - 12 miles per hour. The motor responds according to your preference. You can also readily switch your workout intensity from slow to fast (0 - 12%), depending on your workout goals or the muscle groups you want to hit.
The Performance 800i has a 20 x 60-inch extra-long tread belt that allows you a wide area to walk, jog, or run on. It is, therefore, ideal for all height ranges and body types.
And with its FlexSelect cushioning, you can run without having to worry about stressing your joints. Its absorption system efficiently minimizes the impact of your steps on the deck.
Moreover, the Performance 800i is outfitted with a 6-inch backlit display where you can keep track of your workout time, speed, distance, and the calories you burn each exercise session.
The treadmill’s Dual-Grip EKG monitor automatically reads your heart rate as you exercise. While the AutoBreeze workout fan keeps you cool as you work out.
In between workout sessions, you may fold your Performance 800i vertically to save space at home. Its Easylift revolutionary design helps you in the folding and unfolding of the machine.
- A long tread belt allows you to move freely and yet safely on the deck.
- The 3.0 continuous horsepower commercial plus motor. It also operates quietly even as it cools the internal components.
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor
- The machine can carry a user up to 350 pounds.
- The Performance 800i does not have a gradual speed transition from very slow to fast mode.
- iFit is not included in the purchase of the treadmill. You need to buy it separately in order to enjoy the features it offers. Otherwise, it would be useless.
- This machine is heavy at 210 pounds. Putting it away when not in use could be daunting. So, you would just prefer to have it unfolded most of the time.
The C 990 treadmill is powered by a heavy-duty 3.0 continuous horsepower motor and outfitted with state-of-the-art components. Its dual fans keep the machine’s internal components cool all throughout.
Thus, the motor operates without noise and minimizes vibration. You can stretch out your stride safely with the C 990’s extra-long walking belt. It can efficiently and comfortably support you as you walk, run, or jog.
The C 990 is also outfitted with a One-touch control system. Instead of scrolling through several options, you just navigate your fingers over the console and quickly increase your speed up to 12 miles per hour.
And if you wish to intensify your workout to burn more calories and hit particular muscle groups, you can easily adjust your incline up to 12% with just a touch of a button. Working out can easily become boring at times. But with the C 990 treadmill, you would not experience that.
This treadmill will keep you busy with several workout applications. You can choose to keep track of your calories burned, monitor your heart rate, or try other programs.
You can also stay motivated by listening to your favorite music. Just plug your electronic device into the console sound system and enjoy a fantastic sound from the two-inch speakers.
- Long tread belt - Ideal for all body types and height ranges
- The heavy-duty 3.0 CHP commercial motor operates quietly so you can fully enjoy watching videos or listening to music without external noise.
- The C 990 provides a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor
- IFit enabled. This training program allows you to monitor your progress, and mimic real-life runs, among many other features.
- The C 990 treadmill can carry a heavy user of up to 325 pounds.
- The machine’s fan blows only in a fixed direction.
- lifetime warranty on frame and motor but one year of free labor
Final wordsAll five treadmill models or brands have their share of advantages and disadvantages. However, when we speak of cost-effectiveness, we suggest that you go for the one that can serve you the best and the longest.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S is the most economical one with decent features. But you can go for the NordicTrack C 990 treadmill if your budget permits. NordicTrack is a reputable brand, which products are consistently top-quality. The C 990 model has all it takes. It is ideal for walkers, joggers, and runners.