If you are looking for a way to accomplish a full-body workout in the comfort of your home, or you are looking for readily available gym equipment to maintain your current level of fitness, home gyms are specifically made for this. Bowflex is one of the leading companies when it comes to the manufacturing of home gyms, and they have built versatile machines for several fitness levels. Since its inception, Bowflex has consistently invented products to match several fitness requirements.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym Review
In this article, we are going to be looking comprehensively at the Bowflex Extreme 2 SE Home Gym. We will be analyzing all the positives, negatives, features, versatility, and price of the machine, and everything that comes with the Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym from Bowflex. With all the variations and options, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym will never bore you.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym Key Features & Benefits
- More than 70 exercises.
- Power Rods provide you with weight or resistance that feels better or as good as free weights.
- 210 lbs of resistance are upgradable to 310 lbs or 410 lbs.
- Resistance of 210 pounds is upgradeable to 310 pounds or 410 pounds.
- Ground-breaking cable pulley system allows you to move from leg workouts to lats to squats without ever needing to change cables.
- Quickly build shoulder and back muscles with the angled lat bar and lat tower.
- 4-position squat station/lower pulley builds calves, hamstrings, and glutes.
- Leg extension will build robust, muscular legs.
- This home gym can be fitted with gym grade ab attachments and optional preacher curl.
- Dimensions & Warranty
- An outstanding thing about the Xtreme 2 SE from Bowflex is that it has a compact design. While this gym allows for multiple exercises, it takes only a little space. The primary exercise area required for this gym is 8 feet by 6.5 feet. When it comes to the warranty, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym comes with a lifetime warranty for the power rods, while its parts are only covered for 60 days and the frame for one year.
This gym equipment comes with the majority of the accessories and items required without needing any extra costs. It comes with an angled lat bar as well as a lat tower.
Bowflex also included optional accessories with this machine that can make it a lot more powerful. An ab attachment or a preacher curl attachment can also be added.
In addition, since this gym does not use weights, there is no need for you to worry about buying a costly weight stack.
The only drawback this machine has is that it comes with no training DVD. A training DVD or DVDs would have been useful to help you make the most of this home gym. Also, the home gym comes with no accessory rack.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym Review
Going deeper into the review, we are going to be taking a look at some specific features of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym. Here, we will look at the convenience, functionality, and number of exercises that can be performed with the machine.
A lot of exercises or workouts can be performed with the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Gym. The machine has a total of over 70 exercise options, including 18 back, 24 arms, 16 shoulder, 6 chest, 3 ab exercises, and 12 legs.
The leg extension enables you to build robust, muscular legs; the 4-position squat station/lower pulley is ideal for developing your quads, hamstrings, and glutes; the lat Tower, allows you to focus on your triceps and backs; and the abdominal crunch shoulder attachment helps to achieve the six-pack.
This home gym does not provide resistance with a weight stack, but rather utilizes the Innovative Power Rods from Bowflex. These power rods give a resistance of up to 210 lbs, which can be upgraded to 310 lbs or 410 lbs.
In addition, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE utilizes a cable pulley system, which enables you to exercise without needing to change cables.
The cable pulley system comes with 4 different positions which enable you to exercise every part of your body at different degrees and angles.
The ease at which this gym equipment can be used is in many ways beneficial to both beginners and advanced trainers alike. Even individuals who find it difficult to move around from one place to another can easily use the machine.
The majority of users are probable to experience excellent training sessions on the machine. Therefore, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE is greatly recommended for people in search of a simple but effective workout system in their homes.
This gym system is nearly as stable and sturdy as any normal commercial gym. Besides, the machine is sufficiently compact to fit in tight spaces.
- More than 70 exercises.
- Easy and quick to assemble.
- 210 pounds of power rod resistance.
- 7-year warranty for the machine, and lifetime power rod warranty.
- Detailed exercise manual.
- Enables you to exercise safely from home.
- Some could find it expensive.
- The 210 pounds resistance may be low for the advanced strength athlete.
Having reviewed the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym comprehensively, it’s time to put the machine up against some of the best in its class to see how it performs against the very best.
If you are in search of a great alternative to the Xtreme 2 SE that can help advance your training, you can take a look at the Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine.
Offering 100 exercise options, which is more than the 70 exercise options on the Xtreme 2 SE, this home gym is apparently for the serious-minded only.
Besides, it comes with many accessories that help you to do every imaginable kind of exercise.
This machine costs less than a thousand dollars, despite its combination of three workout machines in a single body. In general, this is a machine of supreme quality, with incredible value for money.
Body-Solid Freeweight Leverage Gym
With its lifetime warranty, the Body-Sold Freeweight Leverage Gym is a machine that is built to survive its owner. But despite being in the same price range, this machine offers just around 40 exercise options compared to the Xtreme 2 SE’s 70. It isn’t difficult to see the option most buyers would choose here.
Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym
Costing just around $300 less than the Xtreme 2 SE, you would be forgiven for expecting the Body-Solid EXC2300S Home Gym to deliver a similar performance. However, with just around 20 exercise options (which you can increase with accessories, of course), the Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym comes out clearly on top.
If you are specifically in search of a great home gym from Bowflex, the Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is a great option. This fitness machine is well built and will surely be a really useful machine in your home for many years to come. It is hard to beat the exercises with fluid and smooth movement. Overall, this is a machine we highly recommend.